Utah State Archives Research
The Utah State Archives preserves and provides access to records of enduring historical value from state and local government agencies. Research services are provided in cooperation with Utah State History in a joint Research Center.
Need help? Ask us!
Descriptions of Archives records known as Finding Aids provide information like scope and content, gaps, related records and holdings container lists for Record Series, records of the same type or purpose.
Guides, lists of relevant records and links to additional information on how to research in our most used records.
- Births, Marriages and Deaths
- State District Court Records including Divorces, Criminal Records and Naturalizations. See also an overview of the Utah Court System.
Browse by Record group - A Record Group includes all the records created by one government agency.
Find keywords in any title, creator, or description of records held by the Archives.
Read of the creation, organization and function of state and local government agencies.
Search online by personal or company name in select records.
- Birth Certificates and Death Certificates
- Animal Brand Books, 1850-1930
- Prisoner's Pardon Application Case Files, 1892-1949