Records Officer Certification
- The GRAMA certification test will be unavailable from Monday, June 27 through Wednesday, June 29.
- We apologize for any inconvenience.
- The records management certification test will is unaffected.
- Certification test
- Training materials
- For help logging in, please visit our Login Troubleshooter
- For further questions, please email email@example.com
New Records Officers
A records officer is “the individual appointed by the chief administrative officer... to work with State Archives in the care, maintenance, scheduling, designation, classification, disposal, and preservation of records” (Utah Code § 63G-2-103).
If you are not the official records officer for your agency, you may still register and become certified.
Prepare for the Test
- Certification training materials
You must score a 75% or higher to pass. You may take the test as many times as needed in order to pass.
Effective January 1, 2013, “Each records officer of a governmental entity or political subdivision shall, on an annual basis, successfully complete online training and obtain certification from State Archives in accordance with 63A-12-110” (Utah Code § 63G-2-108).